Mark Hansen Music - LDS Rock Music - Free Downloads

Mark Hansen Music - LDS Rock Music - Free Downloads
Get the new CD, "The Third Time" HERE

WARNING: Listening to this music doesn't require parental approval. It's a bit of clean rebellion. It keeps your outlook up and your hope alive. It's got strong drums and screaming guitars. It pumps you up and drives your life. It's a hunger for exploration. It chooses the right and returns with honor. It's music you don't have to confess to your bishop.

It's not your parents' "Saturday’s Warrior".

It's "A Joyful Noise"

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Oh, man Yesterday was a crazy, crazy day. I'm not even sure where to begin.

Well, it started with a very messy house. I woke up with a lot of kids in my house (Brendon had a sleepover the night before), and the living room was a wreck. That was a problem, becuase I had people showing up to sing "How Beautiful" in only a couple of hours. Add to that the fact that it was the final recording. If you've been following the blogs, we've been rehearsing it for weeks, now!

So, I got the living room cleaned up. It wasn't too bad, actually. Then I moved my computer upstairs into the living room, set up the mics. In between all that I had to call everyone that had been rehearsing and confirm that they'd be there.

We had nine people show up to do the recording, which we triple-tracked for a nice big choir sound. It really fills that song out wonderfully! Now all I have to do is recut the lead vocal (which I probably won't even attempt until I get back from Arizona in a couple of weeks).

Then I had some down time. I was really nervous because I had a house concert that night out at John Newman's. But, I'd been fighting a cold, with a sore throat and laryngitis for about 3 days or so. Thursday night, at band practice, Matt and Morey had given me a blessing, and that helped a lot. Plus a lot of cold remedies... But by that afternoon, I was feeling pretty confident. I ran through the songs one last time and did some vocal warmups, and then got things loaded up in the car.

No keys.

I could not, for the life of me, find my keys. Anywhere in the house. I searched for 40 minutes or so. I called Jodi to ask if there were extras. Turned out there was. In her purse. In Arizona. No help there... :-)

But calling her did help calm me down, and she suggested that I call her dad and borrow his car. Which I did, but there were a few errands that had to be run with that. I had to buy and pour in some anti-freeze, and then fill it up with gas. By the time I'd done all that, I was leaving West Jordan at the time I'd wanted to BE in Tooele (about a 40 minute drive).

Fortunately, I'd wanted to be there early enough to help John set up. I called him and he said not to worry, that the room was already done and ready. So, Brendon and I drove out and got there about a half hour before the show. Plenty of time to unwind and calm my nerves.

The show itself went great. There were times when I could tell that the cold was effecting my tone, but it never stopped me from singing. I did about a 45+ minute set, and then John and his family (I guess his son is a big fan) started requesting songs. Many of them I'd never really arranged for acoustic guitar and voice, like "Bats in my Belfry" and "Where's my Soul". So I tried them, then I ended with "A Happier Day", which put a perfect capper on it.

Gave away a few Pass-it-On's and got some names for the list, too, so I'm happy with that! And it was fun to meet John's friends afterward. One of them is into the same geeky webcomics that I am. Cool. Or scary. Not sure which... :-)

MRKH - Mark Hansen
email comments

No comments:

LDS Musicians - Shop here!