I’ve been working to get this CD written, recorded, mixed, and finally mastered for about three years, and I’m very proud of the results. This CD rocks! I really pushed the envelope in a lot of ways, doing some things that just aren’t heard of in mainstream LDS music. I pushed back quite a few of my own personal creative boundaries as well.
At the same time, I did a lot of things that you’ve come to expect from me and my music. There are a lot of guitars in this CD, perhaps moreso than any other. This CD is probably the most personally religious of all my collections.
Here are some highlights (many of you who’ve been along for the ride have already heard a lot of these tunes).
- “Martyrs” - One of my personal favorite. I described it once as “Guns and Roses meets The Who with a fiddle player.” It’s my tribute to the many over the years who have given their lives rather than deny the truth. It’s a powerful anthem full of explosive guitars.
- “Shine the Light” - This one stretched me more artistically than any other. I was truly out of my element, and I hope I brought it all back to my own. In the end, it rocks! A collaboration with my friend, LDS rapper Arythmatik
- “Alleluia” - Showing how faith gets me through adversity.
- “Too Late Smart” - A driving rocker based on one of my mother’s catchphrases.
- “The Spin” - With scat vocals from Sam Payne, this is an up-tempo romp looking at politics through my cynical eye.
The CD (along with the previous two) is available for $11 + $2 shipping and handling by simply clicking here: http://www.markhansenmusic.com/p/cds.html For those that have downloaded the songs as they were recorded and released out to the web, these songs have been remastered for CD and, of course, don’t include the voicetag slates at the end. Not to mention the schnazzy cover!
Come back often to hear about new songs and shows. Mark also has other sites and blogs, including his Dutch Oven blog: Mark's Black Pot and his LDS pop culture blog: MoBoy blog.
Mark's Other Blog Posts: name post, name post, name post,